TERMS AND CONDITIONS – NGS Signwriting
Please read carefully the Terms and Conditions as stated below:
Point of contact – next in line
All key points and critical path decisions are made via Lead Designer and subject to the discretion of Nick Garrett.
Creative project works
NORMAL signwriting works will include:
- Checking client artwork – scaling to size, image quality
- Print-out of layout
- Trace and Paint/Gild lettering
- WE WILL ESTIMATE COSTS TO ONLY LETTER, ARTWORK, PICTORIATE YOUR SIGNAGE AREAS
- WE WILL NOT PAINT THE BACKGOUND BASE COATS OF YOUR FASCIA SIGN PANEL AS NORMAL SIGNWRITING WORKS
- WE WILL ONLY PREPARE AND PAINT YOUR FASCIA IN THE EVENT OF REQUEST FOR RESTORATION OR SPECIAL WORKS AND SUBJECT TO COSTS
For the design of logos or lettering layouts a charge is required. This is dependent on the level of detail or research for example of the logo or images.
Any order placed is provisional until NGS receives a deposit and/PO/or acknowledgement email which will be deemed to be the client’s acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Deposits and Invoicing
Orders under £500 will be required to be settled in full when the order is placed.
On placing an order over £500, a returnable 80% deposit, as stated on the quotation /estimate, is required before work can commence. However if works have commenced prior to cancellation these costs will be deducted from the deposit and any other costs and disbursements arising from your order.
In case of delays and hindrance of works the fair amount for works commenced will be deducted from the deposit. We will deduct only time, impact on schedule and materials.
Deposits can be made via BACS or CHAPS transferred to the following account unless otherwise stated:
N J GARRETT 07 01 16 49977224 NATIONWIDE
The Deposit invoice automatically serves as a final invoice once the deposit is made.
No second final invoice is necessary for the balance to be actioned by the client once work is completed.
Refunds will be offered solely at the discretion of NGS.
– if cancellation is notified pre 48hr commencement of project.
Preliminary design and survey works completed may be deducted.
Any client cancellation or delay after a start date has been set and or work has commenced on any order (including research, design and preliminary drafting) will incur the full cost of the quoted project. Deposit may be withheld to cover reasonable losses, costs and expenses.
Postponement or cancellation of 24 hr or less prior to start time 8.00 am on the start date will incur loss deduction of £350.00 per NGS artworker instated to the said project.
Cancellation of any part of artwork is required to be paid for in the event of last minute changes post 24 hours of project start or during project.
Any issues regarding execution of artwork/lettering must be referred back to Nick Garrett HOD NGS prior to decisions being made.
Once a start date is set the client is due to have start-up payments, the site and surfaces ready for NGS to commence without hold ups or delay. Designs must be confirmed and signed off 24 hrs prior to start-up.
The quoted price has be set with no contingency made for delays.
If NGS deem the surface preparation as unsuitable works will be delayed at the cost of the client.
If the surface is incomplete and unpainted works will be delayed at the cost of the client.
Painting and preparation is the responsibility of the client unless otherwise stated, itemised and agreed in email or writing.
If delays occur as result of client failing to prepare and paint surfaces adequately or any other factor borne as part of the client preparation (including information, design, access, Health and safety issues, or any such project changes) a minimum charge of £350.00 per artist, per day will be charged.
The project will require re-scheduling and may be subject to a period 5-7 days delay.
Post Delay Restart
A delay in any project underway renders the project ended and terminated – a delayed underway project is not considered ‘paused’.
A fresh restart notice with agreed dates, and Purchase Order along with full payment of any outstanding amounts will be require to commence any restart.
Prices and Payments
Payment of completed work should be made on completion as the paint has dried.
48 hours is our normal outside window for on completion payment.
All prices agreed through an email quotation or estimate is valid for 30 days from the date of that quotation/estimate.
The final balance due of any order may be subject to change depending on any changes made from the original quotation/estimate after work has commenced. All changes will have to be agreed in email or writing at the discretion of NGS.
All goods and services shall remain the property of NGS until full settlement is made.
Payment is acceptable by Cash, and BACS or through PayPal.
And or any other nominated bank account.
Settlement of the final invoice in full (IN CLEARED FUNDS) less any advance payment, must be made on completion of works, unless prior arrangement for credit facilities with Joinery Design has been arranged in advance of delivery.
NGS pays accounts promptly and on time- we arrive on site and deliver projects promptly. We expect all clients to honour their side by paying promptly within 72 hrs.
NGS understands and will exercise their statutory right to claim interest of 5% and compensation for debt recovery costs under the prevailing Late Payment Legislation.
On completion requires all clients to be aware that no credit facilities have been agreed.
We interpret ‘on completion’ as a maximum of 72hrs.
Project Delivery Dates
All delivery dates are approximate and NGS cannot be held responsible if changes in project delivery dates occur due to circumstances beyond their control.
Delivery lead time is taken from the time that a deposit is taken.
Cancellation or Changes by NGS
NGS reserves the right to cancel, or change any terms of any order at any time and without prior notice if:
- The client fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Changes contracted agreements without consultation.
- The client is more than 10 days in arrears with payment to NGS for previously supplied goods/services.
- The client has not provided proper access, general project preparation, required designs and painted preparation of surfaces as/if required.
Late changes and additional work must be notified 48 hours prior to start requiring re-pricing.
Such late changes by client null and void all costings and agreements between all parties.
Preparation of surface
The client is responsible for the preparation coatings for the signwriting application by NGS.
WE ARE NOT OFFERING SERVICES AS DECORATORS UNLESS WE QUOTE ‘’DECORATION OF SURFACE BY NGS’’ –
In the event of poor or inadequate preparation, NGS reserve the right to cancel or pause works.
Proper preparation requires:
- 2 undercoats
- 2 top coats – min
- Dust free – smooth finish
- Quality paints – Dulux, Valspar or similar
NGS do not accept responsibility for damage to glass. NGS assumes glass is in proper condition for works to be completed on.
Glass Gilding and Written maintenance
Cleaning of glass writing must be done using:
Soft cloth – water and 5% white vinegar
- NEVER RUBBER BLADE OVER GLASS WRITING
- KEEP WINDOWS FREE OF CONDENSATION POST WRITING
No Courtesy repairs will be undertaken if cleaning blades have been used to clean NGS written windows
Client measured sizings shall be deemed as correct. Any errors in measurements that causes delay and re-working0drafting of project content – at the cost of the client.
Sign panels must be measure to not include any framing unless requested so.
We only quote for joinery as ‘Special Works’
The quotation shall therefore always be titled – Supply and fit of timber work….
All joinery is guaranteed for 12 months from date of supply. Please note that timber is a natural product and can be subject to change in dimension and character. NGS will not be held responsible for changes in dimension and character or for deterioration due to poor maintenance.
All artwork supplied must be agreed and in clear high resolution format if requested.
If the artwork is part of client brand and production all proper references and colours must be clarified as requested.
Visual artwork must be made suitable for the surface, colour and context of application.
NGS visuals and artwork is charged at the normal hourly design rate starting at £46.00 per hour.
Where applicable, it will be the customer’s responsibility to ensure that any goods ordered from NGS comply with the prevailing Building Control Regulations.
On-site fitting – NGS will not be responsible for any incidental making good i.e. plastering, rendering, painting. This will be the responsibility of the client.
Once items and product leave the premises NGS accept no responsibility for damage or loss.
Client’s insurance must cover us for works on site and the acceptance of estimates and project go ahead accepts this insurance responsibility.
Client must supply spell checked copy for NGS design.
Any changes to design will affect the estimated price.
Placement of any order either verbally or by written or electronic communication to NGS or Nick Garrett Signwriter and any other subsidiary trading titles, is an understood to be a binding acceptance of these terms and conditions in full.
NGS Website and Blog information
- Everything you read and images you see is copyrighted unless otherwise noted, and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions (“T&C”) without the written permission of NGS.
- While NGS uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site, NGS makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. NGS assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the Site. Your use of and browsing in the Site are at your risk.
- Neither NGS nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. NGS also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
- Images of projects displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, NGS. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these T&C or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of NGS. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of NGS or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these T&C, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that NGS will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
- NGS has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Although NGS may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, NGS is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. NGS will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing NGS to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold NGS and its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers and licensors (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) incurred by any Indemnified Party in connection with any breach by you of these T&C. NGS reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with NGS defense of such claim.
- NGS may at any time revise these T&C by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current T&C to which you are bound.
- NGS further reserves the right to amend the content of this website, including but not limited to price lists, T&C, opening hours and promotions.
- By entering NGS Website, you accept to be bound by these T&C prior to enjoying any of the website facilities.